This week we got a lil’ crafty at TumbleRoot and our social media expert and beautiful model, Marisa, made these super cute 4th of July inspired, American Flag mason jars. Use them as vases, or to put your silverware in during a 4th of July picnic- they are perfect!
To show ya’ll how to make these yourself, we made a step-by-step collage for you to follow!
But first, here’s the materials you’ll need:
- Jars, Marisa used three Ball brand.
- Paint, Marisa used acrylic in red, white and blue.
- Newspaper, to protect your table or work surface.
- Paint Brush
- Tape, Marisa used blue painters tape because it’s easy to remove after the layers dry.
- Stickers, to outline/stencil the stripes or stars.
- (optional) Sandpaper, Marisa used a fine grain paper to make the jars look distressed and shabby chic!
… Gathered your materials? Let’s get crafting!
Follow these 5 easy steps!
One cool way to use them is at night! After you make them and they are all dry, put a tea-light candle inside them and carefully light them. They will glow and be beautiful and so country chic!!!
When you make yours we wanna see it! Post a pic to our social media channels, or email us at email@example.com so we can see your beautiful patriotic 4th of July crafting creation!
Happy crafting, Tumblies!