Festival season is here, and it’s about time you start planning your weekend wear! Whether you’re headed to Coachella, Stagecoach, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, or wherever else you’re music-loving soul may lead you, here’s a list of must-haves for the perfect festival experience:
1) Jean shorts. Cut offs, daisy dukes, jorts… You get the idea. These hip huggers are a hit at every festival across the nation. Pair with a tank top, your favorite sunglasses, and a cold beer. (Here’s a How-To DIY for high-waisted jean shorts)
2) Fanny pack. Seriously. They’re making a BIG comeback. Fannies are essential if you want to dance at the festival. And you DO want to dance at the festival. Throw your phone, some Chapstick, and whatever else in one of these babies and you’re good to go. A hands-free dancing machine.
3) Hat. If you’re going to a warm weather festival, you’re going to be in the sun for HOURS. Pack your favorite hat, from floppy to cowboy to trucker. It’ll protect your face and eyes from the sun all day. It’ll also give you a satisfying something to take off and fling around wildly when your favorite song comes on.
4) Comfy shoes. DO NOT wear your cutest wedges, no matter how great they look with your cut offs. No pair of heels are still comfy after 10+ hours. You’ll end up taking them off and carrying them around (they probably won’t fit in your fanny 😔). Find a cute, COMFORTABLE pair of tennies, sandals, or even boots, if you wanna rock ’em.
5) Accessories. It’s a music festival, get a little wild! Paint your face, wear some bangles, a few feathers, and a little glitter never hurt… There’ll always be someone dressed weirder than you at a festival. Guaranteed. And people will love them! Why not be that crazily dressed person that everybody’s like: “Wait, that’s awesome…” Yeah, be that person.
Don’t forget to check out TumbleRoot for festival fashion wear, too! From flirty tanks to fun tee shirts to belt buckles to jewelry, we’ve got the hipster/hickster festival style covered, just for you.
Music festivals are amazing. You wake up, go in, sing, dance, stay up all night, and do it all over again the next day or two. And then you go home, and you say, “God, I can’t wait ’til next year.” So do it big, do it weird, and do it right! Cheers to you, music festival lovers. We’ll see you out there.
Congratulations, Megan Rodrigues, you’re this week’s Hump Day Giveaway winner! You’ve won a TumbleRoot “Lil’ Bit Country” shirt, in your choice of tee or tank top! Shoot us a message on Facebook, and we’ll send it your way! 🙂
Didn’t win our “Lil’ Bit Country” top this week? Well, it’s still your lucky day! Today ONLY, take 15% off our “Lil’ Bit Country” collection!